What you’ll need
What you’ll need
We’re genuinely interested in who you are, your strengths and your potential.
Regardless of degree discipline, we’re looking for individuals with a very good academic background who are committed to improving public sector services and see themselves as the future leaders within the public sector in Wales.
You will need:
- A 2:1 class degree in any discipline or a 2:2 where you have additional qualifications such as a masters
- Very good academic results at A level or equivalent academic level
- GCSE English language level 4 if 2017 or after / C if before
- GCSE Maths level 5 if 2017 or after / B if before
- Be committed to working within the public sector in Wales
- Be naturally inquisitive, confident to challenge and to be challenged but in a professional manner
- Be able to show excellent attention to detail while being able to see the bigger picture
- Be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Be able to demonstrate good questioning and listening skills
- Be able to demonstrate resilience to balance the demands of working alongside professional training
- Be able to demonstrate good interpersonal skills with a team working ethos; and
- Be able to demonstrate motivation and commitment to become an accountant.
Further information about the skills and abilities required for the role can be found in our job description [PDF 243KB opens in new window].
We value the importance of the Welsh language in our work and aim to provide a bilingual service to everyone who wants to use it.
We would therefore like to especially encourage applications from individuals that have Welsh language skills to help us meet this aim. Welsh skills are desirable for these roles, but a number of them will be essential that you have Welsh language skills.
All job descriptions will detail whether the ability to speak Welsh is an essential requirement. If successful and you do not currently have Welsh language skills, we can support you in learning Welsh if you wish.
The following Welsh language skills are desirable for this role. Please refer to our language skills matrix [PDF 549KB opens in new window] for a description of the various skill levels.
Please contact us if you would like to discuss the nature of the Welsh language skills specified for this role.
Welsh language skills - desirable
- Reading - can read some routine work-related material with support e.g. dictionary
- Spoken - can hold some work-related conversations
- Understanding - can understand routine work-related conversations
- Written - can prepare routine work-related material with checking