Direct Payments Provision
Join us at 10am on 6 April 2022 for a discussion on Direct Payments provision.
In April 2022, the Auditor General for Wales will publish his report on councils’ provision of Direct Payments.
The report makes recommendations to Welsh Government and councils, and shines a light on how Direct Payments provision can play a key part in implementing the principles of the Social Service and Well-being (Wales) Act 2014.
The webinar is at 10am on 6 April 2022. It is open to all those with an interest or role in providing Direct Payments, including lead officers, practitioners, heads of services, directors of social care, elected members. It will also be of interest to those who shape and policy in Wales.
The webinar will provide you with the opportunity to hear:
- from the audit team on our review, findings and recommendations for improvement;
- about findings from our survey of over 1,000 people currently in receipt of Direct Payments in Wales;
- a policy update from Welsh Government in response to our review and what else it has planned in this area;
- how Direct Payments are being provided by councils in England;
- case studies from councils that have grown the use of Direct Payments; and
- the chance to ask questions and share learning.