Risk Management Shared Learning Webinar
The Welsh public services landscape is changing, fact!
The impact of these changes will affect everyone and everything from service users and service providers to those charged with governance oversight for the organisation. Some services will not be affordable, and some will be delivered by partner organisations, significantly changing the risk profile faced.
So, what is this going to mean for risk management in the public sector? The need to balance risk, innovation and change is paramount, but the journey is in its infancy.
This webinar addressed the governance and risk management issues public services will need to consider during the great period of change that lies ahead. Here you can listen to these discussions from the Webinar [Opens in new window].
The panel included:
- Anthony Barrett, Assistant Auditor General, Wales Audit Office
- Keeley Lund, Technical Manager – Professional Standards and Guidance, Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)
- Andy Middleton, Board Member, Natural Resource Wales
- Fran Lewis, Corporate Performance and Improvement Manager, Conwy County Borough Council
This Webinar was the second in the series of three webinars focusing on the role that risk management currently plays in providing the necessary assurance for leadership/management teams.
Who was the webinar aimed at?
This webinar was aimed at public sector members and officers, including:
- Cabinet members with risk as part of their portfolio
- Chief executives
- Section 151 officers
- Corporate directors with responsibility for corporate risk
- Service/operational managers for major operational delivery
- Audit Committee chairs and members with risk as part of their portfolio
- Scrutiny chairs
- Chief internal auditors
- Heads of Democratic Services
- Board secretaries
- Board members
Webinar outputs can be accessed below: