In partnership with the WLGA, Welsh Government, Welsh NHS Confederation, the Office of the Future Generations Commissioner and Good Practice Wales we are holding a free event with the aim of considering Governance under the Well-being of Future Generations Act.
This event forms part of our ongoing programme focusing on different elements of governance. Previous events include:
- Scrutiny in the Spotlight
- Mirror, Mirror on the Wall... Reflecting on good governance
- The future of governance: Effective decision making for current and future generations
- Governance: Supporting improvement across complex public service delivery
The focus of this forthcoming seminar will be on the implications of the WFG Act for scrutiny and non-executive functions and the role that this plays in the overall governance framework of public bodies. This seminar is aimed at key groups of officers and members from across the 44 bodies that come under the Act and members/ non execs with direct responsibility for scrutinising executive functions.
Walking away from this seminar, delegates will have gained an understanding of the implications of the WFG Act for those that scrutinise public services, particularly in relation to the five ways of working.
Who the seminar is for
This seminar is aimed at public sector members, managers and officers; including:
- Chairs and vice-chairs of scrutiny and audit committees;
- Leaders and cabinet members;
- Chief Executives and Senior Leadership Teams
- Non- executive Board Members and Secretaries
- Scrutiny Officers
When and where
8.30am - 3.30pm
Tuesday 16 January 2018
Swalec Stadium, Cardiff, CF11 9XR
8.30am - 3.30pm
Thursday 25 January 2018
Glasdir, Plas Yn Dre, Llanrwst, Conwy, LL26 0DF
If you have any issues or queries regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joining instructions are circulated 1-2 weeks before the event. Please ensure you provide your email address when booking a place to ensure that we can send information to you.